Tuesday, October 02, 2007

That Poythress Thing


Full disclosure: I worked for the Georgia Dept. Of Labor during Commissioner Poythress tenure.

So, cat's out of the bag. Insider Advantage is reporting the rumors about people attempting to recruit Georgia's current Adjutant General David Poythress were true. It's also reporting the other rumors that Poythress was instead considering an offer in the private industry were also true.

I heard the first one about two months ago. I heard the second one three weeks ago. Both were from reliable sources (the second one a very reliable source), but both were given off the record. Being unable to confirm either on the record, I chose to not publish. That's not an indictment on other blogs methodology (as Rusty says over and over again, its a blog not a democracy), just a little clarification on the goings on around these parts.

Having said that, I believe Lt. General Poythress will not run. He's a good guy and has been a good public servant. Time for him to do what I did. Get out of government and make some real money.

I would tell you more, but off the record is off the record. Anyone wants to change that status knows how to contact me. In the meantime, I will give you one tease. This won't be the last surprise in the upcoming Senate race.

No comments: