Thursday, November 05, 2009

Lisa Borders Supported Micro-loans?

Who knew Lisa Borders supported micro-loans? Well, Kasim Reed did and according to the Political Insider, he used it this morning on V-103 as a not-so-subtle come hither attempt at Border's endorsement.
She talked about making small loans – certainly to women-owned businesses, and small businesses, to really get them [on] their feet. They don’t need $100,000 to start a business. They may need $10,000 and $15,000 or $20,000 to start that small business.
If you've read the Drift for any length of time, you know that I am a big fan of micro-loans. And I think I can safely say I paid attention more than the average bear to the recent race. And this is absolutely the first I've heard about this.

How much would have Borders blunted the "too developer friendly" tag if she had shot back with a "let me tell you how I'm going to help small business"?

More evidence to support Scott Henry's thesis that one of the reasons Lisa Borders failed so spectacularly is no one knew exactly what the hell she represented.

2 comments:

buzzbrockway said...

Wow. That was a real blunder by the Borders campaign. I too support micro-loans as a way to encourage economic freedom for the folks.

If Reed really supports that, perhaps he's not as bad as I fear.

Icarus said...

Yesterday, Doug Grammer, Today Buzz Brockway.

sigh.

You guys really are going to make me write something nice about Kasim, aren't you?