Friday, August 04, 2006

This Damned Air Quality

I'm sitting here on my back porch, nursing my wounds from last night's poker game, reading the usual 140 blogs and sniffling my ass off.

Mea culpa. I'm a smoker so some of it is I get what I deserve. I understand that.

So far, every day in August, we have had at least a Moderate air quality status. The near record heat combined with our insatiable lust for driving automobiles has lead to the air feeling like tepid beef stew.

It's a sad fact that when I travel from my little place in south Georgia back to Atlanta, I feel like I hit a wall somewhere about McDonough.

A reasonable regional transportation plan is needed. NOW. Not pouring more asphalt. We need some better ideas.

I am for limited government but I believe that transportation is a role where the government plays. And by god, we should require them to do it right.

Beware DOT. Some of us are getting sick of your "if we build it they will drive" attitude.

No comments: