Thursday, September 27, 2007

American Solutions


Unless it's a rafting trip, I rarely travel to Cobb County. But the debut of American Solutions intrigues me enough to risk a brief border incursion.

Today at the Galleria, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich rolls out his new policy forum with the goal of moving past politics and finding real solutions.

Move past politics? Rhetorical firebomber Newt Gingrich? An interesting witches brew or cover for exploring larger political game?

Although, the event has a couple of Democratic heavy hitters (Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin and DNC Chair Roy Romer), the event proudly promotes an appearance by Sean Hannity. Anything touting itself as non-partisan but invites the most partisan gas-bag on the airwaves certainly deserves some skepticism. However, American Solutions R.J. Briscone insists the goal is to move beyond partisan spew.

I guess I better just go find out for myself.

No comments: