Friday, April 21, 2006

The Strangeness of Brothers

Random non-political thread.

For reasons I won't go into, my two brothers and I are selling a family truck. The problem is the thing was sticking in low gear. In order to sell it, we needed to have the transmission serviced. This morning, oldest brother decided to drive it to the local transmission shop to take care of business. It's only a few miles away, so he would have no problem driving around 40mph the whole way.

As he approached an intersection, suddenly the transmission switched gears and he was flying wide open towards a stop sign. Fortunately, he was able to stomp on the brake and come to a stop before causing one horrific accident. But the truck would not come out of high gear and the throttle was stuck wide open. Somehow, he nursed it to the shop by standing on the brake the whole way.

My somewhat eccentric brother is now convinced the truck was trying to get away. He called to tell me that he knows it doesn't want to be sold and sent away. So, he is now going to buy my other brother and myself out and keep the thing.

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your...well, you know the rest.

No comments: