Tuesday, May 09, 2006

griftdrift Mea Culpa

Oops.

Previously, I posted that Florida Republican candidate for Governor Charlie Crist was hosting online chats. To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi, that was correct from a certain perspective. The "online" in this case is a conference call, not a web chat.

My post was based on an entry in a Florida blog that actually described it as an "online meetup". Now, this blog was a major MSM blog and they should know better, but that's not the point.

The point is that I should have followed up. It would have taken me 20 seconds to head to Charlie Crist website and see that the online chat was not web based at all. It's actually a conference call.

The worst part is my lack of follow-through did a disservice to another Florida candidate. As a commentor pointed out, Democrat Jim Davis has already held two real web chats.

The Davis stuff even has transcripts. I encourage you to read it. It's a good example of what I intended to laud.

And for my commentors? Good job. Keep me on my toes. I will try to do better.

No comments: