A friend from NY sent me the National Review's Top 50 Conservative Rock songs.
Co-opting or accurate?
The Top Ten.
1. Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who
2. Taxman by The Beatles
3. Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stone
4. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. Wouldn't It Be Nice by The Beach Boys
6. Gloria by U2
7. Revolution by The Beatles
8. Bodies by The Sex Pistols
9. Don't Tread On Me by Metallica
10. 20th Century Man by The Kinks
I find the presence of The Sex Pistols deliciously ironic. Hell, I'm a little overwhelmed by the irony.