Sunday, May 07, 2006

With Glenn Beck's Imminent Arrival

Glenn Beck will arrive at CNN Headline News tomorrow. This event has inspired me to resurrect something I wrote back in January.


Originally written on 1-19-06:

Ken Jautz' goal is to revamp CNN's Headline News. Apparently re-vamping is defined in the CNN lexicon as wasting every minute of prime time on bloviaters spewing an unending stream of feces into our living rooms.

On 1-17-05, CNN announced that it was hiring syndicated radio host Glenn Beck to host an hour prime time show on Headline News. This would be the same Glenn Beck that said on his show, "I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year".

I love my mother. However, her obsessive watching of Nancy Grace every night makes me want to run screaming into the woods. Now the geniuses are sacrificing another hour in the name of that new news paradigm, entertainment.

Hey Ken Jautz? I've got a radio show that always pulls in to 10-20 listeners! When will your standards be low enough to hire me? I've got a better idea. How about you use your Headline News channel to actually report the, um I don't know, NEWS.

Ken Jautz. Idiot.

No comments: