Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Harris Speechwriter Quits In Style!

Talk about a flair for exit!

Excerpts from an email she sent around.

Value of "George Harris Legacy Loan" to Senate campaign: $10 million
Value of "refurbishments" to Capitol Hill residence: $100,000
Value of Handing in my Resignation Letter: Priceless


Snap!

But this matter of fact summation actually tops that little snark!

"No, I do not have a job lined up,'' she wrote. "But I have my dignity and
a smidgen of the sanity I had when I came to work here."

You go girl!

h/t: St. Pete Buzz

1 comment:

Sara said...

If Katy has an ounce of sense left she will use this vague ovarian surgery as an excuse to drop out of the race. Claim they found something more serious than anticipated, need to focus on her health now more than ever, pressures of a full campaign, yada yada...

Wait, who am I talking about? Ounce of sense? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Sure looks like the staff quit because they knew the house remodeling shitstorm was coming and they wanted to get out before it hit, doesn't it?)