Tuesday, August 01, 2006

AJC Backs Down!

Dammit! I knew I should have snapped a screenshot of that thread!

If you check the insider now, the original entry has been edited with more "couching" language admitting that McKinney's claim was not the whole truth.

Also, McKinney's lawyer's cease and desist comment has been deleted!

BOO AJC! Wusses!

I really wish I had TiVOed the debate. I honestly don't remember whether McKinney qualified her statement by saying it was her legislative ranking or not but who cares? It was disingenuous. And although technically the AJC's new blog entry is probably more accurate, it still smacks of folding rather quickly.

Fortunately in this day and age of the internet tubes, there are enough people watching the shenanigans that it is rarely hidden. The original blog entry did exist. So did the ridiculous cease and desist in the comments. Plenty of people saw all the craziness and that's a good thing.

UPDATE: As several people have pointed out, the original thread is still there. The AJC added a few things and deleted the Cease and Desist comment (yes a c and d in a comment). So sample both and chew what you can.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Can't stop the signal!

I wonder if I can pull it off my cache? Surely some kind soul can tell me how to do that...