Friday, September 29, 2006

Idiots

Laws that trample our rights horrify me. Laws well known to be unconstitutional infuriate me. Roll both into one big vomit ball and I want to run screaming into traffic.

Republican Senator Gordon Smith of Oregon on the striking of Habeas Corpus in the Detainee bill and the likelihood that the Surpreme Court will overturn:

“We should have done it right, because we’re going to have to do it again,”
said Senator Gordon Smith, a Republican from Oregon, who had voted to strike the
habeas corpus provision, yet supported the bill.

So, even though there are an abundance of lawyers in Congress, no one considered that we might have to go through this sturm und drang again? What would your boss say to you if you said, sorry, I know I didn't do it right the first time and was just waiting to do it again? You would be fired. Your representatives should not be held to an lesser standard. Remember that come election time.

h/t: Midtopia

No comments: