Friday, September 29, 2006

Possible Weirdness



I'm getting ready to convert The Drift over to Blogger Beta so things may get completely effed up. Here we go! heh-heh-heh. Thank you. Drive Through.

UPDATE: Everything seems to be going well. The new features are pretty nice. You will notice now you can browse old post by subject. That was the one feature I really wanted. But HOLY CRAP! I've got a lot of old post to label!

UDPATE II: About a third of the way through updating the posts. Two things I've noticed. Things seem to be faster. I suspect this has to do with the google takeover. I bet they moved to more stable hosting. My visits have gone through the roof! When you update, you are put in the "next blog" queue on Blogger. I suspect that it's picking up all these news tags as updates and putting me to the front every few minutes.

UPDATE III: I've got to navigate through Blogger's new fetch codes to figure out how to get my logo back up. Maybe I need a new one anyway.

UPDATE IV: Exactly half way on labelling the archives. That's enough for today. It's Friday for gods sake!

UPDATE V: I got in a late night fit and tagged the rest of the entries. You can now view the entire Ga/DC/Ga and Gulf Road trips by clicking on the Road Trips link. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. I still have a little more parsing to do. I'm pleased that most of the entries have been about Georgia or Florida politics. That was the purpose when I set out to do this. I'm a little surprised by excess of diary-like entries but I suppose that's to be expected. Late night brings restlessness. Seeing the road trip post has me restless again. I think another road trip is in the cards. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I noticed as soon as I went to Beta that all of my connectivity/loading problems with Blogger disappeared, too.

I'm impressed that you're almost done labelling. I've been too lazy/busy to label all the old posts. Someday...

Edward Copeland said...

Blogger has been such a pain in posting this week that I was considering switching one of my sites, but it's not giving me the option to switch to beta.

griftdrift said...

Eddie, I was so frustrated at one point that I nearly went elsewhere. I still may. I actually do know how to code and I get some snickers from friends that I use blogger. But I will say the beta is worth a try. It says something that it is more stable than what we've been using.

You may not be able to convert because it requires a google sign in. But you have gmail don't you?

Edward Copeland said...

Yes, but it says they are doing it slowly so unless an invite is on your dashboard, you can't do it yet.

choochoo said...

I've been thinking about making the move myself, but I'm still hesitating... I'm just a sissy, I guess:)

Dave said...

How did you come to support Blackburn Rovers?

Lexa Roséan said...

congrats! You've inspired me to take the plunge and convert my template to the layout system. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....Ive always wanted a set up like this but didnt know it was out there....maybe this summer...