Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Morning Wooten - An Addendum

Yesterday, Jim wrote:
Billionaire Warren Buffett advises Congress to stop using the economic downturn as an excuse to push through other policy changes. The nation’s engaged in economic war, he said. “What is required is a commander in chief that’s looked at like a commander in chief in a time of war.” But where would we find one?

I responded:
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess this is taken completely out of context. Considering Warren Buffet is an Obama fan and approves of his tactics for economic recovery, I imagine he, like Obama, was criticizing congress for using the crisis to push through pet projects. But we'll never know since Jim doesn't provide anything but the punchline. Now, I'll go back to my blogs with their worthless links which allow readers to see the original work and judge the context for themselves.

Lo and behold, here's the full quote by Mr. Buffet:

What is required is a commander in chief that is looked at as being the commander in chief in a time of war and the support that generally he needs and other things that have to be given up.
Bold added by me. Maybe I should write the AJC's Public Editor. Again. Nah. Why waste the time.

I'll also add the worthless link so you can peruse the entire response for yourself.

No comments: