Friday, March 13, 2009

My Morning Wooten

Don' worry. I haven't forsaken, Jim. The AJC moved Thinking Right and didn't tell anyone. Eli!

But the frequency of My Morning Wooten will likely decrease in the future. Frankly, there's only so much lather, rinse, repeat I can take.

Here we go.
Billionaire Warren Buffett advises Congress to stop using the economic downturn as an excuse to push through other policy changes. The nation’s engaged in economic war, he said. “What is required is a commander in chief that’s looked at like a commander in chief in a time of war.” But where would we find one?
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess this is taken completely out of context. Considering Warren Buffet is an Obama fan and approves of his tactics for economic recovery, I imagine he, like Obama, was criticizing congress for using the crisis to push through pet projects. But we'll never know since Jim doesn't provide anything but the punchline. Now, I'll go back to my blogs with their worthless links which allow readers to see the original work and judge the context for themselves.
President Obama is the front man radicals have long needed. In putting the nation on the slippery slope, where life is created for the purpose of destroying it, he declares that reversing the existing constraints on the use of taxpayer money for embryonic stem cell research is essential. “It is about ensuring that scientific data is never distorted or concealed to serve a political agenda — and that we make scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology.” Unless, of course, it’s the ideology of global warming.
In Jim's version of conservativism: The promise of stem cells and global warming = junk; a 6000 year old earth and exorcism = worthy of consideration. What was I thinking? So called conservatives aren't anti-science at all.

That's it. I can't take any more. Feel free to follow my worthless link at the top and judge the rest for yourself. Honestly, the remainder isn't nearly as crazy as those first two but your mileage may vary.

No comments: