Thursday, February 15, 2007

Attica! Attica!


I try to be a good blog citizen. I dole out links like the ice cream man on the 4th of July. But Libby and Newshog got me thinking. Even us good citizens get little respect from some of the big hoo hahs. No problem. Anyone that gets a bajillion readers a day doesn't really need another link from a small fry like me. The sad fact is as much spew as there is about new media being the great equalizer castes are being formed and to a degree there are the cool kids and there are the kids standing against the wall. So what to do? What to do? Pretty simple. Stop trying to sniff ass of the big kids.

New rule: If you are in the top 10,000 on Technorati and you don't link to me? I don't link to you.

I should point out there are exceptions and some exceptional people. Joe Gandleman and Michael van der Galien of The Moderate Voice have been very gracious. Joe actually shocked the hell out of me when he once promoted one of my comments to a full post.

Also, Shakes lets me whore all over the place and also throws the occasional link pat on the head.

They's good people and will always be on the top of my list.

As for the rest of you? Let the delinking begin.

4 comments:

rusty said...

I don't know about other people, but at some point I got behind on updating my blogroll. There are several blogs I'm sure I don't link to not because I wouldn't if I remembered, but because I forgot. So, while I feel ya on this one, just hope you understand it probably isn't an intentional slight or anything in a lot of cases.

griftdrift said...

Awwww Rusty, I'm feeling the man love! Don't worry. You give good links. It's more about those nasty Kos kids.

It's an interesting idea in online dynamics. My delinking probably means very little. But if hundreds of little players like me suddenly delink the big kids, they start sliding down Technorati and TTLB. That might be a loss of face they can't ignore.

And I just love lost causes. It's probably my great-great-great uncle's ghost infecting me.

Grayson: Atlanta, GA said...

Keep it in the ATL. Word.

Amber Rhea said...

Oh, fuck Kos. Seriously.