Friday, March 13, 2009

Media Stuff Of The Day

In the ongoing journalism wars, I have praised newspaper people and I have damned newspaper people, but I've never seen anything like this.
Do the math. If you buy the Creative Loafing chain, which owns the Reader, you get Rolodexes, a bunch of dated computers, dated software, and a name. Essentially you’re buying a logo, a URL, some archived content, and a giant f*cking IOU...So, sayeth this smart person: it’s much cheaper to let them die and hire the people, who have the knowledge and the contacts and who actually represent the name.
I can't find anything to disagree with in this article. And it is chock full of wisdom. For us all.

Read it. Read it now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And for some piling on effect, here's Clay Shirky's latest blog post, "Newspapers and "Thinking the Unthinkable."

http://tinyurl.com/bpxulr

Unknown said...

Can we do the same for GM and Chrysler?

Kat said...

That Yeats nearly killed me. Awesome.