Monday, October 16, 2006

Football Thoughts



I had weird dreams last night including ones of football. Not good old fashioned American football but English football. I guess my recent re-reading of Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby is in competition with my couch slug ten hours of NFL watching sunday ways.

Having just read again about Hillsborough, I shouldn't find the following funny, but I do admit to snickering a bit as I read the Rovers website tips for fans travelling to Krakow, Poland for the next UEFA match.

You will not be allowed to enter the stadium if you have drunk alcohol or if you are under the influence of alcohol...You must NOT: Drink alcohol in the place and time of mass gatherings, in the streets, squares, parks, enter the stadium with alcoholic beverages...If you are drunk you will not be allowed to enter the stadium!!!

I would think one warning would be enough. Maybe even two. But three punctuated by three exclamation points? Then again, I've had nightmares of ending up in the Atlanta drunk pokey. Could you imagine the nightmare of ending up in the Krakow drunk pokey?

No comments: