Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gas Guzzling '06 Tours Continues

You know, as much as I've been travelling lately, you would think I would have a few words to say about gas prices.

To be honest, here is how I react to most gas discussions. Profit margins, price gouging, capitalist pig, godless communist, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But I really believe, whether it is perception or reality, the ongoing gas "crisis" will have a profound effect on the midterms. Despite all our wonkiness wallowing about foreign policy, in the end people vote with their pocket books. (Do people even say pocket book any more? Lord help me, I've been among my south Georgia brethren too long.)

So today, I am travelling a little over 400 miles in my v6 Mustang. I'll have to fill up two times and both times I promise to at least record the price of a gallon: first in Florida and then in Georgia.

It will be a very unscientific but very griftdrift scientific survey.

Check here for updates.


FIRST UPDATE: Inverness, Fl = $2.96

SECOND UPDATE: Perry, Ga = $2.79

Guess Ga is still cheaper.

1 comment:

Blackjackk said...

Ridiculous! Where is my car that runs on water?

When is some politician going to have the guts to step up, face down big oil, and say we need to make a change. I hope to see this in my lifetime but I'm not holding my breath.