Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Welcome To Charleston!

Ye Gods! I'm having tremendous issues with the hotel proxy so posting is going very slowly. I have a few more pictures from the trip but unfortunately none from this fine city yet.

The reason is that when I arrived I had three things on my mind. Get a nice picture, find a hotel and find a bathroom. Not necessarily in that order. Between squeezing my knees, trying to find the harbor and looking for a decent hotel, I nearly wrecked three times. So I punted.

Some observations on Charleston so far.

Traffic here at rush hour is surprisingly bad.

There's a crap load of bridges.

There needs to be more signage.

YOU CAROLINIANS ARE ALMOST AS CRAZY ON THE ROAD AS ATLANTANS!


But now I have had a beer and I hope to get my last two pictures up. Then maybe a few political rants. Tomorrow, I will grab a picture on the way out of town.

In the meantime, due to the lateness and my own frustration, I ended up eating at a freaking Applebee's.

Tomorrow I will end up somewhere on the Carolina coast. Probably around New Bern. If any of you people have a decent bar to recommend, now is the time to speak up.

Now back to fighting with the proxy.

No comments: